Last year, I declared last July my ambitious Read-All-You-Can month, and two things happened: 1) I blazed through a lot of the novels stacked on my shelf, and 2) my credit card bill amount was the lowest it had been all year. I’m ready for another one of those months, as a big stack of unread books (and now e-books on my Kindle) are cluttering my bedside table, and I need to finish paying off my new Apple computer. So I’ve declared February 2010 a Read-All-You-Can month, and some folks on Facebook are going to join in.
So here’s the reading list:
The Haunted Ground by Erin Hart, Mystery, (I’ve read 50 out of) 526 pages.[Completed 2/5/2011] The Black Book of Secrets by P. E. Higgins, Young Adult, 273 pages.[Completed 2/5/2011]
- House at Riverton: A Novel by Kate Morton, Fiction, 496 pages.
Winter Rose by Jennifer Donnelly, Fiction, 707 pages.[Completed 2/8/2011]
- Revolution by Jennifer Donnelly, Young Adult, 472 pages.
- Don’t Die, Dragonfly by Linda Joy Singleton, Young Adult, 288 pages.
- Switched (Trylle Trilogy, Book 1) by Amand Hocking, Young Adult, 330 pages.
- The Imperfectionists: A Novel by Tom Rachman, Fiction, 304 pages.
- Favorite by Karen McQuestion, Young Adult, 170 pages.
Books I didn’t complete last July but still need to read:
Fire by Kristen Cashore, Young Adult, 461 pages.[Completed 2/15/2011]
- The Girl Who Played With Fire by Stieg Larsson, Fiction, 630 pages.
- The Little Stranger by Sarah Waters, Fiction, 528 pages.
- The Book Thief by Markus Zusak, Young Adult, 576 pages.
A Reliable Wife by Robert Goolrick, Fiction, 320 pages.[Completed 2/20/2011]
- Divisadero by Michael Ondaatje, Fiction, 273 pages.
Totals: 15 books, 6,304 pages (225.14 pages per day)
7 Fiction5 Fiction 7 Young Adult5 Young Adult 1 Mystery
So this is certainly ambitious. I’m sure work will be running me ragged, but I’m determined to stick my head in a book to de-stress and save some mula. Last time, the novels read count was about 13 or so. However, July has 3 more days than February. So we’ll see how far I get.
Good luck, participating Facebook friends!